Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What a Beautiful Life

So why now? Why share this for everyone to see? This is something that has always embarrassed me. If people know how my mom is then they'll probably think I'm a little coo-coo myself. People will feel sorry for me. People won't know what to say. People will give me their "2 cents". I don't love any of those reactions. 

This past year has been a gigantic eye opener. You see, I have gotten to know a small group of youth. When I say small, I mean SMALL. My heart was shattered when I found out that several of these kids are struggling with the same situation I grew up with. I have shed many tears for these precious babies. I want to save them. I want them to know what I see when I look into their eyes. They are beautiful. This does not define who they are or what they can become.

I have wondered why I was dealt this hand. I have looked at other mother's and wished my mom was like them. I would love my son to have the grandma I know my mom is capable of being. And now, I wouldn't trade my life experiences with anyone. It is so clear. I have to share my story. I have to help others.

I love life. I love friends. I love family. I love God. Life is beautiful.
My slice of heaven
 








   

No comments:

Post a Comment